ZAYTOON ACADEMY ONLINE MADRASSAH
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS TO HELP SETUP ONLINE LEARNING FROM HOME
HOW DO I SETUP?
You will require a desktop computer, a laptop or a tablet. If you have more than one child in the same session, you will need a separate device for each child. If your children are in different sessions, they will be able to use the same device.
Please ensure your device has camera/video and audio/microphone enabled so that just as your child will be able to see and hear his/her teacher teaching, the teacher will also need to see and hear your child.
Firstly download Zoom on all your devices your child/children will be using: https://zoom.us/support/download
This is the programme we will be using to teach your child online daily in term time during the temporary closure. You do not need to sign up or register for an account.
HOW WILL MY CHILD ACCESS THE CLASSES?
- Open the Zoom application on your device
- Click Join A Meeting
- Enter your Meeting ID (will be provided to you by your child’s teacher over the phone), type the child’s first and last name and click join.
- You have now entered the online classroom and are ready for the lesson. (Please note… there is no need to sign up for an account with Zoom)
- We recommend your child uses earphones/headphones to achieve a better learning experience
WHAT TIME WILL THE ONLINE CLASSES TAKE PLACE?
Online classes will start from Monday 30th March 2020.
Classes will take place daily, Monday to Friday during Term time as per our academic year calendar 2019/2020.
Session 1 timing: (Class 1,2,3 &4)
5:00pm till 6:15pm
Session 2 timing: (Class 5,6,7 & FE)
6:25pm till 7:40pm
All students will be expected to attend punctually on a daily basis. The class teacher will start the lesson by taking the class register.
MADRASSAH EDUCATIONAL FEES
There will be no extra charges for the online madrassah lesson. Madrassah fees will be payable as per the normal instalments as we have made a commitment to our teachers and also invested a lot of time, effort and money in setting up this system. If your 4th instalment of £70 which was due on 3rd March 2020 is still outstanding, please transfer asap via online banking using the bank details below:
Zaytoon Academy Educational Trust
Account no: 45734668
WHAT WILL MY CHILD BE LEARNING?
MONDAY, TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY
5.00PM-6.00PM- ISLAMIC STUDIES
6.25PM-7.25PM- ISLAMIC STUDIES
Please ensure your child has the correct books and is ready to join the online lesson on time.
During the 1 hour Qur’an lesson, students are expected to continue learning their lesson & revising until their turn. Once they have read their lesson to the teacher, they will be given further sabak which they will continue to practice individually whilst the teacher listens to other students.
DOES MY CHILD NEED TO FOLLOW ANY RULES WHILST LEARNING ONLINE?
The Sunnah method of teaching & learning is face to face. We are adopting the online method only as a temporary measure due to the circumstances we find ourselves in. InshaAllah as soon as the risk of coronavirus spreading is over, we will return to face to face teaching at Zaytoon Academy
- We expect all children to prepare themselves for online madrassah just as they would when attending Zaytoon Academy by freeing themselves from using the toilet and perfroming wudhu.
- All children must be dressed in Madrassah uniform whilst attending the online lessons.
- Whilst recommended for all students, it is necessary for students that are taught by an Apa to use earphones/headphones and parents to ensure in order to respect the privacy of the Apa, that no male members are present in the same area during the lessons as the class teacher will be on video & audio.
- Strictly no part of the lesson can be recorded at anytime by a parent or child.
- Whilst parents will need to assist younger children getting online, under no circumstances are parents allowed to get involved with the lesson or to engage with the class teacher online. If you have any concerns, please contact our Admin between 4.30pm and 7.45pm on 07952 635 912
- It is important that your child is seated in a room or area of the house where there is no disturbace.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
Besides the madrassah books, will my child need anything whilst learning online?
Yes! Your child will need a pencil to mark the date & any mistakes or feedback during the Qur’an lesson. Parents can help younger children with this.
What if my child is unwell and cannot attend the online lesson?
You will need to report the absence by calling our Admin on 07952 635 912 at the start of the lesson. Parents should not contact the class teacher directly.
Where can I find the meeting ID to for my child to join the online lesson?
Your child’s teacher will call you to give the meeting ID. If you require it at a later stage, please contact our Admin on 07952 635 912
I am experiencing difficulty with the online learning platform, is there any assistance available?
We understand that technical difficulties can arise, therefore our Admin is available between 4.30pm till 7.45pm during term time to assit witha any issues or answer any queries. Please contact our Admin on 07952 635 912
Is it possible to access the online madrassah using a smart phone?
Whilst it is possible to download the Zoom App on your mobile device and access the online lessons, we strongly advise against it as it will be difficult to follow the lesson due to the small screen size and would also require the phone to be mounted to be facing the camera during the lesson.